Make a handprint spider to frighten Little Miss Muffet away. This 5 minute craft can be used for re-enacting the nursery rhyme 'Little Miss Muffet' and for having fun frightening people away.
This Little Miss Muffet spider craft forms part of our 'rhyme time' series. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see more Little Miss Muffet crafts and activities or check out our other nursery rhyme crafts and activities by clicking on the links below:
To make a handprint spider you will need:
- Black paint
- Black wool
- Eyes (Googly eyes would work well but we used white pom poms with a dot drawn in the middle)
- Gold pen (to draw on smile)
How to make a handprint spider:
- Cover your hands in black paint and make 2 handprints next to one another
- Once dry cut out the handprints. Cut off the thumbs so you are left with 8 legs.
- Stick on eyes
- Draw a smile
- Stick a piece of wool to the back of the spider.
Have fun re-enacting the nursery rhyme 'Little Miss Muffet' and frightening people away with your spider.
Harry: Age 4
Daisy: Age 1
Take a look at our other nursery rhyme themes activities
Check out these Little Miss Muffet crafts and activities:
Little Miss Muffet Story Telling Box - Adventures of Adam
Bouncing spider craft - Crafty Kids At Home
Little Miss muffet rhyme play - Teach Me Mommy
You might be interested in these links: