Humpty Dumpty Egg Weebles are a quick and fun accompaniment to the nursery rhyme 'Humpty Dumpty'. Will you be able to knock your Humpty Dumpty weeble off his wall or will he stand back up again?
This week for our rhyme time series we have been busy making Humpty Dumpty weebles. I can't take any credit for this idea as we decided to make them after seeing these fab minion weebles from Red Ted Art.
For more Humpty dumpty crafts and activities from other bloggers scroll to the bottom of this post or check out our other nursery rhyme activities by clicking here.
To make Humpty Dumpty Weebles you will need:
- Plastic eggs (we used the plastic egg from a kinder egg, but the bigger plastic eggs you can get at Easter time would be even better)
- A small weight (3 pennies taped together works perfectly)
- Small strips of paper
- Googly eyes
- Sharpie marker pens
- A wall for Humpty Dumpty to sit on (we used lego wrapping paper.)
How to make Humpty Dumpty Weebles
- Put a small weight inside the plastic egg.
- Use sharpie marker pens to add detail and colour to your plastic egg.
- Stick on googly eyes
- Fold small strips of paper into zig zags and stick them to your egg as arms and legs.
- Leave to dry
- Try knocking your Humpty Dumpty off the wall. Does he bounce back up again!?!
Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter or Subscribe for free email updates
Check out these fab Humpty Dumpty themed crafts and activities from other bloggers:
I LOVE this egg splat painting activity from Adventures of Adam. It looks so much fun!
Make a polystyrene and pipe cleaner Humpty Dumpty like Teach Me Mommy
This Humpty Dumpty Snack is both healthy and fun from Danya Banya
Click here for more Nursery Rhyme crafts and activities