Use this FREE printable to turn a collection of stones into funny stone faces. These face part stones are quick and easy to make and once made you can get creative making all kinds of funny stone faces.
Looking for more ideas of things to make from stones? Scroll to the bottom of this activity for some more ideas.
To make funny stone faces you will need: (affiliate links)
- White acrylic paint (optional)
- FREE face parts printable (click here to print your copy).
- Mod Podge (Uk link/ US link)
- Sponge paint brush (UK link/ US link)
How to make funny stone faces
We decided we wanted white stones. This is an optional step but it helps to make the face parts stand out. We painted the stones using white acrylic paint and then left them to dry.
- Print off the face parts in your chosen size (we printed them in several different sizes) and cut them out. (click here for a FREE face part printable)
- Match each face part to a stone of a similar size.
- Put a splodge of mod podge on the stone.
- Lay the face part on top of the mod podge.
- Paint mod podge over the top of the face part. Smooth in place using your fingers if needed.
Playing with funny stone faces
Once the stones are dry you are ready to be creative and make some silly faces using your face part stones. We took ours outside.
Here are a few of the funny faces we made with our face part stones.
For more stone crafts and activities check out these ideas:
Minion stones - Mum in the Mad House
Stone activities on the beach - Crafts on Sea
Wild animal story stones - In the Playroom
Old Mac Donald story stones - Messy Little Monster