Recycling an old table and turning it into a chalkboard table couldn't be simpler. Kids will love being able to be creative as they scribble, draw and write on a table and it is such a quick and cheap project.
You will need (affiliate links):
- An old or cheap table (we had this one, but it was only £5 from IKEA: UK link / US link)
- Paint roller (or paintbrush)
- Chalkboard paint (UK link / similar US link)
We also used our chalkboard paint to make a sign/ menu board for our outdoor mud kitchen.
How to make a simple chalkboard table
- Paint the top of the table with blackboard paint using a paint roller and leave it to dry.
- Once the paint has dried (I left it a couple of hours) paint a second coat and leave it to dry overnight.
- Give your child some chalks and let them get creative.
Harry loves being able to scribble and draw simple pictures on his chalkboard table, but its great for practising his letters too. We have put the table in his play area so he has access to it when he is playing.
Harry: Age 3
You may be interested in these links: