Spring or Summer is the perfect time to get outside and make a flower petal suncatcher. Toddlers and preschoolers will love collecting nature and using it to make their own patterns or pictures. The paper plate in this craft makes a simple and effective frame for the artwork.
While outside have a go at making some nature paintbrushes or have fun playing with a bubble snake.
To make a flower petal suncatcher you will need:
- a paper plate
- Sticky back plastic/ contact paper
- Flower petals
How to make a Flower Petal Suncatcher
- Cut the centre out of a paper plate
- Cut out a circle of sticky back plastic (contact paper) that is slightly bigger than the hole in the paper plate
- Stick the sticky back plastic (contact paper) to the bottom of the plate (sticky side up)
- Add petals (or leaves/ grass etc)
- Cut out a second circle of sticky back plastic (contact paper) and stick it on top of your design.
- To hang the sun catcher up use a hole punch to make a hole at the top of the plate and add a loop using strip or a pipe cleaner.
You might be interested in these links: