Spoon puppets are great for story telling and pretend play. For todays craft we made Goldilocks and The Three Bears puppets from wooden spoons. They are really simple and cheap to make and we had lots of fun retelling and making up our own versions of the story with them.
These bear spoon puppets form part of the A-Z pretend play series hosted by 'Crafty Kids at Home'. Click here to see the rest of the series.
To make Goldilocks and the Three Bears spoon puppets you will need:(affiliate links)
- 4 wooden spoons (UK link/ US link)
- Acrylic paint (UK link/ US link)
- Sharpie assorted colour marker pens (UK link/ US link)
- Mod Podge all in one varnish and sealer (UK link/ US link)
How to make your story spoon puppets:
- Paint three spoons in brown (for the three bears). Paint the fourth spoon in a skin colour. Leave to dry.
- Paint ears onto the brown spoons using a lighter shade of brown and give Goldilocks some yellow hair. Paint a bow tie on baby bear, a flower in mummy bears hair and a tie on daddy bear. Give Goldilocks some rosy cheeks. Leave to dry.
- Once completely dry add facial details using sharpie marker pens. I also added bows in Goldilocks hair and went around the edge of the ears, flower and ties to make them stand out.
- Cover the spoons in a coat of mod podge to seal and protect your spoon puppets.
SHOW TIME! Enjoy using your new puppets to act out the story of 'Goldilocks and The Three Bears'. We had fun creating our own stories too!
These spoon puppets would look lovely with ears made from felt stuck on or real wool for hair. I choose not to add anything to our puppets as I knew it wouldn't be long before all the extras were pulled off and I wanted the puppets to last.
Dont forget to check out the rest of the A-Z pretend play series.
You might be interested in these links: