How do you recycle cardboard rolls? Make swords of course! A perfect craft for little boys (and girls!) cardboard swords are simple to make and prefect for pretend play.
To make a cardboard sword you will need:
- cardboard rolls (we used wrapping paper tubes)
- long piece of cardboard
How to make a simple cardboard sword:
- Take a cardboard roll and flatten one end.
- Cut the flattened end to create a blade shape and tape it in place.
- To create a handle take a long piece of cardboard and cut out a circle at each end. Draw around the end of the roll to make sure the circles are the correct size.
- Slide the roll through the circles onto the cardboard roll.
These swords would look brilliant painted or covered in foil. We didn't decorate ours as harry was eager to get playing with them!
Take a look at these cardboard roll crafts from other bloggers:
I LOVE this amazing cardboard roll village from Mum in the Mad House
These cardboard roll snakes are perfect for practicing scissor skills from Crafts on Sea
You might be interested in these links: