You will need:(affiliate links)
- Large coffee filters (UK link / US link)
- Watered down paint or ink (we watered down liquid acrylic paint (UK link/ US link)
- A pot or jar for each colour
- Eye droppers (we used jumbo eye droppers (UK link/ US link)
- A pipe cleaner
Painting the coffee filters
This part is really fun! Use the eye droppers to drop paint onto the coffee filters and watch as the colour mix and blend together. Leave them to dry.
How to turn coffee filters into a butterfly
You will need 2 coloured coffee filters for each butterfly.
- Fold the coffee filters in half.
- Scrunch each coffee filter in the middle.
- Twist a pipe cleaner around the two coffee filters to create a butterfly. Leave a bit of pipe cleaner at the top to create its antennae.
Don't they look effective!
You might be interested in these links: