Are you looking for more Christmas crafts and activities? You may like our Santa handprint, fingerprint Christmas tree and our magic reindeer food station.
Last year I saw a gorgeous canvas on pinterest (pictured below) with the 'Twas the Night before Christmas' poem alongside 2 footprint mice and I fell in love with it.
I can't find who made the canvas to give credit so please do let me know if you know the source. I also love this version by 'Crafty morning and this ceramic plate (pictured below) by painted zebra.
Feeling inspired I decided to make a printable which included the poem with a space for a cute little mouse footprint.
You will need:(affiliate links)
- FREE PRINTABLE
- White card (or paper) (UK link/ US link)
- Grey/ pink paint (UK link/ US link)
- Black sharpie (UK link/ US link)
Mouse footprint craft
- Simply download and print out the FREE PRINTABLE. We printed it onto white card.
- Print a grey footprint next to the poem. (we added a bit of extra sparkle by adding a squirt of silver glitter glue)
- Add grey ears and a tail
- Once the grey paint has dried add a pink nose and ears.
- Use a black sharpie to add eyes and whiskers
Adding a child's name and age would be a nice added touch. If you want the cards to be opened you will need to mount the printable onto a larger folded piece of card.
I made these footprints with Daisy (age 2) and she was so proud of her little footprint mice. I cant wait for her to hand them out to family at Christmas.
Daisy: Age 2
You might be interested in these links: You might be interested in these links:
Are you looking for more Christmas card ideas? This craft is part of a kid made Christmas card series hosted by 'Mum in the Mad House'. Click on the image below for more ideas.