Do your kids like playing with their food? This yummy spider snack is great for re-enacting the nursery rhyme 'Incy Wincy Spider'.
This week for 'rhyme time' we are looking at the nursery rhyme 'Incy Wincy Spider' also known as 'Itsy Bitsy Spider. Scroll down to find out how to make a yummy spider treat or click here to see how to make an egg box spider with drain pipe, rain and sunshine. At the bottom of this activity you will see some other fab 'Incy Wincy Spider' ideas from my blogging friends.
How to make a Incy Wincy Spider Snack
You will need:
- Double stuff oreo biscuits
- Matchmaker chocolate sticks
- M&M's or smarties
- Tube of icing
- A paper plate
- Golden chocolate coin
To make a spider biscuit:
- Snap 4 matchmakers in half
- Take the top off an oreo biscuit and carefully (so as not to break them) place the matchmakers on top to make the spiders legs.
- Put the top of the oreo biscuit back on
- Stick on two M&M's as eyes using the tube of icing and draw on a smile
Once you have make your spider biscuit put it onto your paper plate. Draw a drain pipe and add blue M&M's as rain. A golden chocolate coin makes a perfect sunshine.
Now you are ready to enjoy playing with your food. Have fun singing the nursery rhyme, acting it out and eating your yummy snack.
Don't forget to click on the links below to check out these other fab Incy Wincy Spider idea from my blogging friends:
Incy Wincy Spider fun using guttering - Adventures of Adam
Incy Wincy Spider playdough - Crafty Kids at Home