Make and personalise a DIY snowman mug this winter. I love the simplicity of these mugs and adding a name to each mug makes them feel really personalised. I wanted to make over 30 DIY gifts so I needed a simple but effective craft and this mug was perfect. Have fun experimenting with different designs!
Take a look at our DIY heart scribble mug- simple enough for a toddler!
You can use oil based sharpies to draw onto the mugs, but if you want your snowman mug to be truly washable you need to use a porcelaine pen and fire it in your oven.
To make a DIY snowman mug you will need (affiliate links)
- A white mug (any white mug will work. We got ours from ikea for 35p each)
- Black porcelaine pen (UK link/ US link)
- Orange Porcelaine pen (UK link/ US link)
If you are making these mugs as gifts. Putting them in these snowman cellophane bags (UK link/ US link) makes them look extra special.
How to make a personalised DIY snowman mug:
1. Draw a snowman face using your porcelaine pens.
2. Personalise with a name.
3. Fire the mug in your oven following the instructions on your pen.
4. Enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate in your new mug.