Are you looking for more Winter crafts and activities? You might like our DIY snowman mug, wintery ice painting and our no mess paper plate snowflakes.
You will need:
- shaving foam (we used the cheapest we could find!)
- white PVA glue
- sparkles (optional, but it looks fab!)
- orange, black and blue card
- googly eyes
- Scraps of felt or material (as a scarf)
Snowy puffy paint recipe
The snow puffy paint is made by simply mixing shaving foam with white glue. You will need roughly equal amounts of each, maybe slightly more shaving foam. You really don't need to be too exact with your measurements. We also added sparkles to our snow puffy paint and sprinkled it on top of our melted snowmen for extra sparkle!
Melted Snowman Craft
- Cut out hats, buttons and carrot noses from card and scarves from felt scraps. Collect some small twigs to use as arms.
- Mix up the snow puffy paint and spoon it onto blue card to make your melted snowman shape.
- Add googly eyes, a nose, hat, twigs, buttons and a scarf.
- Add an extra sprinkle of sparkles over your melted snowman.
Harry and Daisy quickly realised that it was much more fun to use their hands rather than a spoon to make their snowmen.
They loved getting messy and the feel of the snowy paint.
Once dry the puffy paint keeps it's shape.
Here is a cute little poem to read as you make your melted snowmen.
If this activity is a little messy for you take a look at the melted snowman family created by Learning and Exploring through Play.
Harry: Aged 5
Daisy: Aged 2
Snowball Sight Words on a Sticky Table - Views From a Step Stool
Snowy Day Inspired Alphabet Writing Tray by School Time Snippets
Snow Tea Party- Teach Beside Me
Easy Colorful Paper Towel Snowflakes- Toddler Approved
Why we salt the roads Science Investigation from Rainy Day Mum
The Snowy Day Book Related Pre-Writing Sensory Tray- Growing Book by Book
Coffee Filter Snow Flakes - Mama Smiles
The Snowy Day