Are you looking for more spring activity ideas? Take a look at our chick cake in a jar, nature paintbrushes, and our coffee filter butterfly.
Today we are really lucky to have the lovely Maggy from Red Ted Art sharing her top ideas for spring crafts for kids, so over to Maggy....
Spring Crafts for Kids
1. Here come the tissue paper chicks! From the littlest tikes to older siblings, everyone can join in and show off their creative skills. Decorating these chicks is a snap…glue on googly-eyes, feathers, any assortment of gems, or hand-made accessories and, “voila”, instant masterpiece!
3. Short on time but need a quick craft idea? Paper Plate Spring Craft for Preschoolers is fun AND super quick. The little folk will love decorating their “nest” and making it perfect for the critter they choose to have live in it.
5. The Bubble Wrap Blossom Tree is a fun way to introduce different medias and methods of creating art to your aspiring artist. The combination of cutting out, finger painting, and using bubble wrap to design this fun piece of art will get the wheels of your little Van Gogh spinning. Just remember not to pop the bubble wrap until after the picture is complete!
6. Chia pets have nothing on Grass Heads! Not only can you decorate the pot your grass head will adorn but you can customize your head too. Add the ever popular googly-eyes, throw on a nose (or make a nose while constructing your head), and design a mouth. Now, sit back and watch the hair grow. Get creative and give your grass head different “hair styles”.
7. Creative ideas galore will sprout with your very own Spring Tree. Your little one will be thrilled to decorate this awesome bit of magic. Change the leaves to match each season and get your little one pitching in ideas on different wild life and decorations they want to add. The possibilities are endless!
8. In this case, it’s okay to follow the herd…in order to make this simple and adorable Doily Sheep. This craft is perfect to have your little one practice his/her cutting skills and get creative as they glue all the pieces together to make this cute sheep.
9. There is nothing better than Rainbows…except confetti! You get the best of both worlds in this clever Confetti Rainbow Art project. Your little leprechaun will have a blast hole-punching all the different colors and then arranging them in a rainbow. Hours of fun while creating this little “pot of gold”.
I hope you discovered some Spring craft ideas you can’t wait to try out. Come visit me over at Red Ted Art sometime soon!
Subscribe for free email updates
You might be interested in these links: