Spin art flowers make a perfect Spring craft. Painting in a salad spinner is so much fun for toddlers and preschoolers and these flowers were quick and easy to make.
You will need (affiliate links):
- Flower shapes cut out of card
- Poster paint
- Glitter (optional but it does look pretty)
- Salad spinner (UK link / US link)
- Green lollipops sticks (for the stem)
- Green card cut into leaf shapes
How to make spin art flowers
- Put a card flower shape into your salad spinner
- Add a few squirts of paint (and glitter)
- Put the lid onto your salad spinner and GET SPINNING
- Take out the flower shape and leave it to dry
- Stick on a green lollipop stick for a stem and glue on a leaf.
These are so quick and easy to make and the spinner creates really effective patterns. The best bit is definitely the spinning and looking to see what has happened to the paint.
You may be interested in these links: